Geriatric Care Management – How We Can Help
A professional geriatric care manager has been educated in various fields of human services — social work, psychology, nursing, gerontology — and trained to assess, plan, coordinate, monitor and provide services for the elderly and their families. Advocacy for older adults is a primary function of the care manager. The care management team assists families in planning and implementing ways to allow for the greatest degree of independence, safety and comfort with their long-term care needs.
REGRETFULLY, WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING NEW CASE MANAGEMENT CLIENTS.
Care Management Services
- Needs assessments performed on site
- Recommendations and Care Planning
- Financial, Legal, medical, and community resources coordination
- Monitor, screen, and arrange services
- Education, counseling, and support
- Crisis intervention
- Assistance with selection and the move to a retirement community, assisted living facility, or skilled nursing facility
- Monitoring and advocacy for quality of care services
- Inventory and assisting in household moves
- Work closely and communicate with care providers and families